It is the 8th year of Carl’s Readers Imbibing Peril event. I haven’t yet decided what I’ll read but I’m sure I’ll get something done :)
The purpose of R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VIII is to enjoy books and movies/television that could be classified (by you) as:
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.
There are two simple goals for R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VIII
1. Have fun reading.
2. Share that fun with others.
Okay, so it is August and I’m only putting this page up now. But I bought a house in Dec and got married in July so my blogging has suffered. (I can blame stuff like that, right?)
Anyways, the few reading challenges, group reads, and online book-related courses that I’m doing in 2013 will all be collected here. More for my own benefit than anyone else.
Once Upon A Time 7
- Every year Carl hosts some reading not-really-challenges and every year I join in. This year for the Once Upon a Time readalong I signed up for the Journey, which is just to read one book that might be considered fantasy, folklore, fairy tale, or mythology. I managed to finish & review three books :
- The Silver Dark Sea by Susan Fletcher
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- The Crane Wife by Patrick Ness
Coursera – The Fiction of Relationship
Last year I did my first online course and enjoyed it, so this year I’ve signed up for a few more. The only one to start, as of yet, is The Fiction of Relationship. For it I’ve read the following :
- Manon Lescaut by the Abbé Provost (my review)
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte bronte (my review)
- The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka (my review)
- A country doctor by Franz Kafka (my review)
- To the lighthouse by Virginia Woolf (my review)
- Ficciones by Jorge Luis Borges (review to come)
- A light in August by William Falukner (review to come)
- The Ice Palace by Tarjei Vesaas (my review)
- Beloved by Toni Morrison (my review