I’m surely not the only person to have noticed this surge in spam comments? Or more accurately, in trackback spam. Tis annoying so it is.
It is Friday today, don’t know if you noticed, I almost didn’t. So yay, weekend time. And it feels more like a Wednesday, which comes from not working Monday and Tuesday I suppose :) One of our lecturers left at the end of last term, he is heading off foreign and left in a load of his old books as a donation before he went, so I’m working my way through them. Then there is shelf-tidies and sorting out exam papers and what not, to be done. But should be plenty of time, most of our students aren’t back til the end of the month so we are fairly quiet. Just the odd body around the library.
Have to go into Peats on Sat and see if they’ll fix my mp3 player, Manny just won’t start up, which is a tad annoying. I have my receipt and everything so hopefully it’ll be straight forward enough.
- The Friday Five:
- Do you have any pets? If so, how many, and what are their names?
- What was your very first pet? Do you remember its name?
- Is there an animal you would never have as a pet?
- What common pet have you always wanted but never had? Why not?
- What wild animal (extinct or not) would you own if you didn’t have to worry about its adjustment or the cost of captivity?
– Technically no. But the family have the mutt and the cat. Shady and Taz. There is also a goldfish, but I don’t know its name. And the flatmate has a goldfish, called Frank.
– The first pet we had was a cat. Blackie, cause she was black.
– Any insect or suchlike. Don’t see the point.
– a horse. Too expensive and nowhere to keep one.
– Uhm. If I also didn’t have to worry about space, training, obedience etc I’d go for a velociraptor. Well, a whole pack of em just like in Jurassic Park only without the killing of people I know. (image borrowed from here)
How is Frank? Haven't seen the wee fella in ages.
1. No. :-( But the parentals still have the family dog, a West Highland terrier named McGuffin, though more usually called Muffin or DOG!! or Hound.
2. The first family pet was a horrible budgie called Nicky who did nothing but shit his cage and fight with himself in his mirror. I think we inherited him from my dead grandad but I have no idea what happened to him. I assume he shuffled off this mortal coil but I was very young so I don't know.
3. A snake. I'm utterly and completely terrified of them. Even looking at them on TV freaks me out. Typing about them is giving me the shivers.
4. A horse, I suppose. We had a dog, a cat and another dog and the damn budgie and I never wanted a fish (sorry Frank) so I think that the horse was the only one I wanted but for same reasons as Fence, never had. Also was lazy and didn't want to have to take care of it. That's why I should have had servants – grooms and ostlers and suchlike…
5. Some kind of raptor, though not veloci-. I'd like a sparrowhawk or a kestrel or maybe a peregrine falcon, the fastest creature on the planet! I'm going on a hawk walk this year so I'll finally get to at least partially achieve my ambition.
You're not kidding are you? Between midnight last night and half past ten this morning, 519 comments my spam filter picked up and another 91 that got through. That's just ridiculous.