I’ve finally decided to get involved in this year’s RIP (Readers Imbibing Peril) challenge, and am going for the first option:
Peril the First: Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.
So at the very least I’ll be reading
- The Killing Kind by John Connolly – It gas a demonic arachnophile, I think it may qualify as mystery/horror
- The Prestige by Christopher Priest – I liked, not loved the film. But I did love the other Priest book I read a while back. And described as “magnificently eerie” I think it’ll fit the part.
- Fool Moon by Jim Butcher – Urban fantasy. And usually I’d never read the second book in a series without first reading the first, but I don’t think it matters hugely in this series.
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy – Post apocalyptic. I think it fits in the general theme.
- Danse Macabre by Laurell K Hamilton
- Wormwood by Poppy Z Brite
I may also add some more, depending on what books I stumble over between now and October 31st.
I’m adding some more titles to my reading list:
Don’t forget to check out the review site and see what everyone else is reading.