Filed Under: Randomess

Once Upon a Time VIII

Yesterday was March 21st, which for many people means the start of spring. Here in Ireland spring starts on February 1st, and we already have lambs and daffodils about, which means that spring is certainly here. And one sure sign that we’re well into spring for me is Carl’s Once Upon a Time reading challenge. This is the 8th year of it! Congratulations Carl on keeping something going that long.

OUaT8

OUaT8

As always the OUaT challenge isn’t really a challenge, just a reading experience. the entire goal is to read good books, watch good television shows and movies, and most importantly, visit old friends and make new ones.

As always I’m going to do The Journey. I like this option because it is so open so if something interferes with my reading plans then I can still participate to a certain extent because all I *have* to do is read one book. I hope to read more, I have my eye on Graham Joyce’s Some Kind of Fairy Tale, and as a classic, Alan Garner’s The Owl Service. Apart from that I have a couple of unread Seanan McGuire books that I’ve been meaning to get to, this’ll be the perfect excuse.

If you want to know more about Once Upon a Time VIII >go visit Carl’s blog, and don’t forget to check out some of the reviews on The Review Site.

• cherylmahoney
    22 March 2014 - 4:38 pm | Permalink

I usually like to think of it as a "challenge." :) No pressure, lots of fun! I hope you enjoy your reading!

• 22 March 2014 - 8:33 pm | Permalink

That's as good a description as any :)

• lynnsbooks
    22 March 2014 - 4:46 pm | Permalink

I bought Some Kind of Fairytale on kindle ages ago. Perhaps I should check that out for OuAT.
    Lynn :D

• 22 March 2014 - 8:34 pm | Permalink

I've had it waiting to be read for almost a year! I've loved some of Joyce's books, but others haven't worked at all, so I'm hoping for a great read from this one.

• 23 March 2014 - 11:08 am | Permalink

I have Some Kind of Fairy Tale on my list for this year too! ^_^ It’ll be my first experience with Joyce’s work, I think. I hope we’ll all enjoy it (whenever we read it)!

May it be a fun OuaT season for you! (And thank you for linking to the review site. I was struggling to find the link to it this year and I’m not sure why. But I have it now! Thank you. ^_^)
    Lynn E, O’Connacht´s last blog post ..Game Talk: Thief (2014)
    Lynn E, O’Connacht´s last blog post ..Game Talk: Thief (2014)

• 23 March 2014 - 7:04 pm | Permalink

We'll have to compare notes after reading it :) Hope you enjoy your OUat season too

• 26 March 2014 - 5:43 am | Permalink

I'll have to look for Some Kind of Fairy Tale. I am intrigued.
    I hope you enjoy the challenge!

• 4 April 2014 - 6:46 pm | Permalink

Hope you have fun with it too :)

• kail84
    27 March 2014 - 6:48 pm | Permalink

I am looking forward to this challenge. I need some touches of spring. We had a blizzard yesterday and there is snow in the up-coming forecast!

• 4 April 2014 - 6:47 pm | Permalink

Snow! That's just winter hanging around for far too long ;)