Filed Under: Randomess

We can rule the world

I went to see Stardust again last night. Its just so awwww, dontcha think?

Life however is a tad more complicated. And there are a lot more surprises than what might come out of box of chocolates, never mind what Forest Gump’s Mammy used to say.

In shiny shiny news my copy of My So-Called Life has arrived. And is it ever shiny, or is it ever shiny? I don’t know if I should bother watching it now, after all it may be shite. Memory lies, remember.

Bleaurgh, blah blah blah. There is stuff I could blog about, but honestly, I couldn’t be arsed. Not in a bad way, just a sorta meh way. Maybe I need to take a blogging break. But I know that the moment I think I should do something like that I’ll have a genius idea and be forced back into the blogging world. And I’ll be damned if my own brain is going to force me to do anything! Damn you brain! etc

Post title from Take That’s We can rule the world which is the song over the end credits in Stardust

• 26 November 2007 - 5:12 pm | Permalink

haha – fence, you were basically just talking to yourself there…! :D

i know what you mean about memory lying and getting old dvd sets. i got a robotech and buck rogers box set and have still not got around to watching them 'cause i want to be in the right frame of mind. i don't want to be in the mood of expecting the worst, because then i'll just see the ways in which it HAS aged and how my memory HAS lied to me. nor do i want to watch it thinking it'll be JUST like i remember it – 'cause it won't. i want to try and get my mind in that in-between-place so i can be in the best position to be able to enjoy it.

do you do any of this kind of (silly) preparation, or wait for the right mood?

• 26 November 2007 - 5:27 pm | Permalink

Talking to myself, or rambling at the insane part of my brain? Who can tell the difference JP :)

I do sometimes wait until the "right" moment, or, as you say frame of mind before I watch something, but if it is good enough then it'll change my frame of mind, won't it?

• 26 November 2007 - 6:27 pm | Permalink

It's so weird, but I've started three posts and can't finish them. I can't think of ONE thing worth saying to the world at large, and not many worth saying to anyone in private, either. Maybe I need a blogging break (again) too, Fency. But then, as you say, there'll undoubtedly be something to force me back. Oh blah blah blah – even now I'm dithering, for no reason other than just to say hello to you. Heya.

ha. The guy across from me, on the bank of computers, has headphones on and he just made this gigantic "HUH!" noise that made everyone turn their heads to them. And he remained oblivious. He's obviously watching something inspirational. Maybe a televangelist. Yes, Lord.

And she can't stop yapping….

• 27 November 2007 - 1:35 am | Permalink

Stardust again, eh? Lucky you. Wish I would've caught it a second time in the theatre. Oh well, it will be shiny and new when it comes out on DVD and that will be fun.

• 27 November 2007 - 11:17 am | Permalink

Maybe we should just embrace the fact that nothing we say matters, so, all that matters is what we say? (yes yes, I steal from Angel)

Yup, lucky me Carl :)

• Pingback: Susan Hated Literature » Now comes the dog again

• 27 November 2007 - 2:42 pm | Permalink

Hello there.

Just to say I watched a couple of episodes of 'My So-Called Life' recently and they hadn't turned shit at all. It's still totally cool. Now you've given me an idea- my boyfriend's going to be away for a bit so I think it's time to get my hands on the whole series. Yay. Lovely blog btw

• 27 November 2007 - 3:26 pm | Permalink

Thanks for that red. I'm thinking that I might have a few spare hours this weekend to dig in :)

• 27 November 2007 - 4:18 pm | Permalink

i suppose thats true, that if its good enough it'll change your frame of mind – although i am a great one for stupid lingering impressions and thinking stupid things and letting that spoil my enjoyment of things.

like when someone one knows says something significant about a film or book and even though one disagrees, one can't help but have their view taint things…

• 27 November 2007 - 5:47 pm | Permalink

Yeah, I sometimes get that, thats why i try to hear as little as possible about stuff before I go to watch films.

• 27 November 2007 - 10:22 pm | Permalink

A few months ago, a friend mentioned MSCL was out on DVD and I got all excited, remembering the good old days. But she warned me, it's nothing as good as when you first watched it when you were 12 and Jared Leto was *it*. I'm afraid to watch it again, because I know I'll just be disappointed (but it's damn tempting!)

• 28 November 2007 - 6:22 pm | Permalink

good thinking bat girl ;)

• 29 November 2007 - 12:07 pm | Permalink

@TGWAOF: i don't think it could possibly be as good as when you were a teenager and knew that all that stuff was of life and death importance :) But I'm going to give in to temptation and hopefully enjoy.

@JP: Only problem is that it sometimes doesn't work lol

• Comments are closed.