Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
Image nicked from Everybody lies
|Thirteen of my favourite episodes of Firefly, not including the pilot Serenity which introduced all the characters and the ship. The whole ‘verse.
MAL: Now you only gotta scare him.
JAYNE: Pain is scary.
- The Train Job – the second pilot, cause somebody didn’t think the first was all that good! Wherein we get to see a proper bar fight, a holographic type window, a drugged Jayne, a train robbery, and Mal being slightly chippier than in the first pilot.
JAYNE: These are stone killers, little man. They ain’t cuddly like me.
- Bushwhacked – Reavers! Alliance!
JAYNE: He looked bigger when I couldn’t see him.
- Shindig – Pretties. Smuggling and duelling. Well I do declare
MAL: Sure, it’s humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (Stabs Atherton in the side.) Guess I’m just a good man. (Stabs him again.) Well, I’m all right.
- Safe – Does River weigh the same as a duck?
RIVER: They weren’t cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
MAL: Is it bad that what she said made perfect sense to me.
- Our Mrs Reynolds – these crazy planets and their crazy wedding ceremonies. And crazy ship-stealing women.
WASH: Some people juggle geese!
- Jaynestown The hero of Canton, the man they call Jaaaaayne.
RIVER: TOO MUCH HAIR!
- Out of Gas -remember that compression coil Kaylee warned you about way back in episode 1. Yeah, it bust. Which means no life support. And flashbacks.
JAYNE: Yeah, ‘cos sick people are hi-larious.
- Ariel Robbing a hospital. And scanning brains. What fun. Till Jayne decides that the money really is good enough.
RIVER: Two by two. Hands of blue. Two by two
- War Stories Tiffs and torture. Lots of torture.
JAYNE: Smellin’ a lot of “if” comin’ off this plan.
- Trash Mrs Reynolds makes a return. And of course the job doesn’t go smooth.
RIVER: Also, I can kill you with my brain.
- The Message An old war buddy shows up. There is also snow, and a funeral. Not forgetting the alien foetus in a jar. Or calf, whatever.
KAYLEE: Nee GAO-soo NA niou, TA yo shwong mei-moo? (“Why don’t you tell the cow about its beautiful eyes?”)
- Heart of Gold Whores!
KAYLEE: Look, they got boy whores! Isn’t that thoughtful?
- Objects in Space A bounty hunter, who isn’t a lion. A girl who may be a ship. Space. And the spaces in space. Look it all gets a little metaphysical, existential and philosophical. Isn’t it great?
JAYNE: She killed ’em with mathematics. What else could it have been?
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
- While Sleeping
- Everybody lies
- Too many Ideas
- I Used To Be, But I’m Alright Now
- Lil Duck Duck
- Planck’s Constant
- (leave your link in comments, Iâ€™ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants