I was going to just bump the music meme post, but then I figured what the hell, I’d create a brand new post, with hints! for the ones that haven’t been guessed yet.
- Sister can you hear me now the ringing in your ears
Okay, this is by a three-piece band. Obscure, imo. They formed at the university of Mass in the 80’s and might be regarded as alt rock though they have gone a little folk at times.
Congrats to Copper-Copper/zilbosco for getting this one.
- If I were to die murdered in cold blood tomorrow would you feel sorrow or show love or would it matter
This is rap. And well known. Technically not the first line, but the first line by the main artist, and I’d regard it as the start of the song.
Copper-copper again with Eminem’s When The Music Stops
- Hey girl, Iâ€™ve seen you looking at me, am I the one that you want?
And Irish artist. Not hugely well-known. But fantastic.
NM has guessed the artist, it is Declan O’Rourke
- Light me a smoke, Iâ€™ll tell you a story
One of my favourite artists. He’s a solo artist and I suppose he is indie.
NM again with the artist; Tom McRae
- This heartbreakâ€™s never ending itâ€™s like it never happened
This band are from Northern Ireland, but formed in Scotland.
Copper-Copper gets the artist, Snow Patrol
- youâ€™re an american girl red headed eyes blank
An American band who lead singer was addicted to drugs when he was ten. Used to be signed to 4AD. Don’t know why I’m giving this info away, cause it wouldn’t help me
And, yes, it is Copper-Copper again, with Red House Painters – New Jersey
- The ponies run, the girls are young, the odds are there to beat Artist is Leonard Cohen, as Anne revealed.
I surprised that no one has even guessed the singer here. He’s quite famous. From Canada. And to give it away, A reviewer once remarked tongue-in-cheek that his albums should be sold with razor blades. I’ll leave you to guess the song yourself.