101 (updated) facts about me
I used to have one of those 100 facts about me pages. but I can’t find it. So I’ll give it another go. But I prefer the number 101. This is a work in progress. More will be added when i feel like it.
- I’m Aquarius
- I don’t know I mentioned that, as I never read my star sign. And think astrology is pointless.
- Astronomy on the other hand is quite cool.
- I’m a librarian.
- But I don’t mind if my own books look a bit tatty. A broken spine is the sign of a well read novel.
- But damaging books that aren’t yours is very bad form.
- Bad form I’m not sure why I used that phrase.
- I’m Irish.
- And despite my complaints about the rain I actually enjoy our weather
- If I do moan about something it usually means it doesn’t bother me. But griping is a fun past-time.
- I’m not a tomosexual
- I have five brothers
- For many years I was the only girl in the family
- But I now have one sister
- All the siblings save one are younger than me
- I was born in Dublin. And I live here now
- I lived in Sligo for most of my life
- I refuse to listen to James Blunt
- But I’ll listen to pretty much anything else, musicwise
Despite having two perfectly good mp3 players, I still want a shiny new oneI got my shiny new one.
- One of my mp3 players is called Norman. He’s used more for storage nowadays, as he is as big as a cd-walkman and bulkier.
- The other mp3 player is called Jean, and I use her most days as she’ll fit in the smallest of pockets.
- The newest one is lacking a name. Its just Zen. Which’ll do.
- I tend to name random objects
- Like my laptop is called Pavlov
I want a new laptop too. I’ve just ordered my new laptop.
- I think I need to win the lotto
- If only to pay for all the new books I want to buy. And the shelves to put them on. And the house to house them
- I’m a serial obsessionist
- The current obsession is Rugby
- Supporting-wise, I’ll cheer for Ireland more than one of the provinces.
- Then Connacht. Despite the fact that we’ll never get anywhere.
- Then Munster. Cause that is where de mudder is from, and I spent many many summers holidaying with family there.
- Then Leinster. Cause I was born there. And live here now.
- Then Ulster, cause I …erm, know people who live there
- And Firefly/Serenity. Cause that one will never die
- but Veronica Mars is pretty good too
- And despite the fact that it follows a bit too much of a set formula at the moment House is very entertaining
- But the character House himself isn’t sexy to me. I mean, he’s Wooster! You know
- I probably watch too much tv
- But that won’t stop me watching more
- I used to read a book a day
- But the internet eats so much reading time that it is more like a book a week at this stage
- I’m very bad at picking a favourite anything. I tend to have lists. And usually I’ll forget someone who should be on that list
- Despite that last fact, my favourite authors include Mary Gentle, Robin Hobb and JRR Tolkien
- As you may have guessed from that little list I like to read sci-fi and fantasy books.
- I’ll read anything. But fantasy is probably my favourite genre
- But I don’t really like to categorise. There is too much exclusion in categories
- I’ve recently amalgamated my two main blogs into this one. No more PrettyCunning.net
- But I still have the sports blog, On The Ditch totally seperate.
- I use Firefox as my browser of choice.
- I’m pretty self-taught when it comes to html and css, but I can usually figure stuff out.
- But I’m far from a computer expert
- All that technical terminology makes me switch off and pay no attention. I mean I know that usually big numbers mean good things though, but I couldn’t tell you about processor speeds and whatnot
- I leave all that sort of thing to B #1, and then take his advice
- I’m not the most trusting of people
- But at the same time I take people at face value.
- So I trust people, but I don’t. If that makes sense?
- I tend to think that people don’t have to make sense. Logic sense that is. Sure it’d make people easier to figure out. But less interesting.
- You know, they way that people can hold two opposing viewpoints in their head at the same time, and not explode screaming “paradox! Paradox”
- I’m not sure if I’ll ever get this finished
- Because I tend to start things, and then slowly stop
- But then again, I usually return to whatever it is I was doing, and eventually finish it off. So maybe I will.
- One day I may end up strangling a student
- But it’ll totally be their fault for
- Taking in the library
- using their mobile in the library
- eating in the library
- leaving their crap scattered all over the place
- printing out 500 pages of paper that tells them “this document cannot be printed” in the hope that the 500tgh will magically work
That’s fair, right?