Book one in the Walking Cities series Blackwell is a Hugliev, a once powerful race that have been hunted to the brink of extinction across all known worlds. Often they are referred to as beasts, the fur can change colour depending on mood and emotion, but also for the likes of camouflage. He and a (Read More)
Ever since she arrived on Prosper Station Quyen has been welcomed by the Honoured Ancestress, the artificial intelligence that runs the station. Now that her husband has been called away to war Quyen is in charge, being guided by the Honoured Ancestress and taking care of the family. It is the same war that has (Read More)
The final questions for the Dune group read are:
- What is your reaction to finally learning the identity of Princess Irulan? Do you think that her convention added to the story?
- Were you satisfied with the ending? For those reading for the first time, was it what you expected?
- On both Arrakis and Salusa Secundus, ecology plays a major role in shaping both characters and the story itself. Was this convincing? Do you think that Paul would have gone through with his threat to destroy the spice, knowing what it would mean for Arrakis?
- Both Leto and Paul made their decisions on marriage for political reasons. Do you agree with their choices?
- What was your favorite part in this section of the book?
- One of the things I noticed in the discussions last week was Herbert’s use of the word “jihad.” What do you think of Herbert’s message about religion and politics?
It is 2039 and Georgia & Shaun Mason are up and coming bloggers. Solid betas they are on the look out for the story that will enable them to break away and start their own site, their own identity. And they are about to get their big break, because presidential hopeful Senator Ryman is about to start campaigning for the Republican nomination. And the Masons are going to be part of his media circus.
Oh, and did I mention the zombies?
Edit: What is a questionnaire without a graph? embiggen it So, where do you stand on the political compass? I’m Economic Left/Right: -5.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.28 or somewhat similar to Gandhi :)