- The wind in the willows by Kenneth Grahame
- The book of Joan by Lidia Yuknavitch
- The making of Mollie by Anna Carey
- The Unwomanly face of war by Svetlana Alexievich
- We are legion (we are Bob) by Dennis E. Taylor
And I think of them all if I could only recommend one it would be The Unwomanly face of War. It is just fantastic, an oral history of the women who fought with the Soviet army in World War II.
Overall this year that is 10 books by women, 5 by men. 2 by Irish authors1 and 11 books from UK & US authors, leaving the rest of of the world represented by 2 books. That’s not too great.
In February I watched 20 movies2 although I only wrote about three :
If you only get to see one of them I’d recommend Black Panther. Loved it so much. And I would recommend you avoid Her.
What have you been watching and reading this month? Any recommendations?