So, three months into 2016 and I’ve so far added 14 books to Mount TBR, and I’ve read 2. Two… Oh well, this month’s additions are :
- Wright, Helen S – A matter of oaths rec’d by Sandstone on twitter – and it’s been read! So should it really go here… yes. Yes it should.
- Lofts, Norah – The king’s pleasure rec’d by Emjaybee & Rosie M Banks on Metafilter discussing historical fiction
- Tieryas, Peter – United States of Japan rec’d by Kameron Hurley “It’s so wild that after a time you just don’t even care if there are plot holes because you’re having so much fun in this insane world. Characters are good at keeping their secrets close to their chests, so as the truth bleeds out along the way about what’s going on, you’re surprised and fully invested in the outcome. Bonus points for having complex, interesting characters throughout that are actually gender-balanced.”
- Arnold, Elana K. – Infandous rec’d by Flamingo House Happenings “The myths scattered throughout the book went a long way towards making this one hell of a dark and deep novel.”
- Crispin, A C – Starbridge rec’d by Seanan MacGuire “There is a cat-person planet that will break your heart.”