Filed Under: woof

Week 1 in the Ripley house

And things are going well for house-mate Ripley.

Yeah, that’s enough of that, but I do hope you were reading it in a suitable accent, that being the Geordie one. Anyway, Ripley has been with us now for 4 full days and she is settling in well. On Friday we went to the vets and she got her first round of vaccinations so she spent the afternoon and evening recovering and was then up bright and early that night to let us know the effects had worn off.

Ripley

awww he so cute

Unfortunately, like all puppies, she has a small bladder, and so we are regularly out with her. Not a problem during the day, but at night it is a bit of a drag. Still it could be worse. She seems to have somewhat of a schedule, 2:00 am, 5:00 am, and then I get up at ~7:00 am to look after Lady Mew and then let her out. She has left us the odd present, but we are starting to recognise her personal “I’mma gonna go pee/poo now” signs and so can get her outside.

And speaking of Lady Mew she isn’t fazed in the slightest by her. She spends a little bit more time upstairs than she used to, but she still comes down for her usual 20 – 30 minutes petting before going off and doing her own thing. She has also followed her around outside, curiously, but she isn’t too fond of her following her and has let her know that twice. But we don’t think she used her claws and Ripley is fine and dandy.

Fingers crossed that continues. And of course, there are more photos on flickr, including his first bath today.

I’ll try not to bore you all too much with Floyd stories, but it’ll be hard to resist …

• anne
    12 June 2011 - 10:16 pm | Permalink

Oh my god he is SO cute*. And i'm really not much of a dog person.

* which I uttered out loud when i saw the picture, before I saw your caption. Well played, Fence. Well played.

• 13 June 2011 - 9:30 pm | Permalink

*bows*

isn't he though. Unfortunately none of his 5 brothers or sisters have found a home yet :( Anyone know anyone who is looking for a puppy?

• 12 June 2011 - 10:53 pm | Permalink

Good to know he and Lady Mew are more or less getting along. I swear, my cats have becoming experts are clawlessly pawing dogs in the face :P

• 13 June 2011 - 9:32 pm | Permalink

Yeah, we were a bit worried about claws as Mew doesn't seem to play without them, or at least so my hands have finally learned. I use toys only now, but slowly slowly, catchy monkey. As the nonsensical saying goes.

• 13 June 2011 - 3:36 am | Permalink

OMG He's so cute!!! And you could never bore me with Floyd stories :p I love doggies!!!

• 13 June 2011 - 9:32 pm | Permalink

I'll remind you of this after the bajillionth Floyd post :)

• 13 June 2011 - 6:46 am | Permalink

Sounds like you are adjusting to your new puppy and he is adjusting to you. He is absolutely adorable!
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..Thanks for not forgetting me!
    Kathleen´s last blog post ..Thanks for not forgetting me!

• 13 June 2011 - 9:33 pm | Permalink

I am, still a ways to go with the house breaking, and the crying at night. We've decided no more trips downstairs to let him pee at night, so we're preparing for a night of crying.

• Harlequin
    13 June 2011 - 10:30 pm | Permalink

I was about to say something about my mind boggling at the notion of night-time pee-trips but I see you've already decided to stop that. Have you bought the earplugs yet? :-)

• 14 June 2011 - 2:19 pm | Permalink

Decidedly such a cutie… I still remember the early morning pee… I'm surprised Lady Mew doesn't mind him.
    Caroline´s last blog post ..The Company of Wolves- Bloodmantle and other Retellings of The Little Red Riding Hood

• 17 June 2011 - 7:08 pm | Permalink

What can I say… He IS cute! Great pics of his bath! :)
    Tink´s last blog post ..Results