So I went ahead and upgraded my WordPress installation to 3.0 last week. And at the same time decided to mess about with the tags. Only then I did something really stupid and deleted something I shouldn’t, thinking the backup would bring it back if anything went wrong. Well, something went wrong, and the backup didn’t bring it back, so all my tags disappeared. And what’s worse is that as I began to tag newer entries the old associations reappeared and so I ended up with all my posts tagged incorrectly!
Hence the lack of updates and news on the forum or anything at all, instead I’ve spent hours retagging entries. I think I have all of 2010 sorted, but this blog goes back to 2003, so there is loads of work needed if I’m ever going to get them right. But, I did manage to figure out the wordpress taxonomy stuff that came in with 2.8, which is sorta of like a mix between tags and categories.
Basically there are now special tags for authors, directors, genre, scriptwriters, actors & settings. You can browse by certain tags on the Browse by Tag page in the header. But as I say, a lot of posts are tagged incorrectly, so don’t be surprised if strange things occur when you click. Eventually things will make sense. Hopefully.
If you are interested in creating your own taxonomies check out this post, I found it very helpful.
Oh yeah, I also changed the theme, just because it made it easier to figure out where code should go. I’ll get about to changing those headers over the next few days.