Everyone loves stats. And everyone who has a blog loves learning who came a-visiting and why. So, with thanks to Statcounter I’m revealing 13 questions or queries that people wanted answers to on my site.
- how believable is die hard 4.0 – I’m guessing not very. Afterall, the whole premise is pretty unbelievable, never mind the fact that John McClane “kills a helicopter with a car”. Still it is entertaining. And that is more important than reality. As reality tc has taught us.
- name of the song from the prison break ad on rte2 – Hmm, there are two. One of them is by Arcade Fire, I can’t remember the exact title, but I think it is Intervention. The other one, which mixed different programmes together, The Sopranos, Prison Break amongst others is by The Mission UK and is called Father
- what book was the movie alpha dog based on – It was based on the true story of Jesse James Hollywood, and from what I know it wasn’t based on any book at all.
- To the person who came looking for the most violent fairy tale I really don’t know what to say. Originally they were all pretty violent, but over the years they’ve been sanitized. Red Riding Hood has a lot of violence. A granny being eaten by a wolf. A woodsman chopping open a wolf. Lot of blood there. Snow White and the Seven Dwaves likewise. Okay, so the evil queen’s henchman didn’t cut open Snow White’s chest cavity and pull out her heart, but he did do that to a deer. Anyone else want to provide some blood-soaked fairy tales?
- what do you wear to a baptism if you are the godmother – I asked the very same question at one stage. No definite answers. Just remember a baby will be involved to nothing to white :)
- To the person who wanted to see hurling and lucozade sport ad 2007 I’m sorry, but I can’t help you. I was looking at one stage and couldn’t find it either. There are plenty of other GAA ads on YouTube though.
- brent pope rugby bio – Well, there is a bit here and a little bit more here, but if you’re looking for a whole book I can’t see one. He does write children’s books though
- ‘jack rackham’ pre-pirate – Try wikipedia
- song words little musgrave – planxty – Well, you can Listen here. And read here. Planxty are mighty altogether :) aren’t they?
- Gene Hunt huntisms – I have a collection here, but you might also want to take a look here as well
- what is idris elba im address – now what sort of a question is that? Do you know him? Well then ask him, otherwise leave him alone. I’m sure he has an agent you can contact. Try IMDb
- cheyenne, matrilineal society – Now this is a controversial topic. Cause yes, they were matrilineal, in that the family name went through the mothers. Stands to reason really. Only women can be sure that a child is in fact theirs. Or at least according to some anthropologists. Others say not. Try looking for articles and research in your local library. Or Google Scholar might be a good place to start.
- rugby – you really need to be a little more specific in your searches.
- Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
- Buch Naked Politics
- Splash’s Training Diary
- Too Many Ideas
- (leave your link in comments, Iâ€™ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants