Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
yet another banner nicked from Samulli
|Well after last week’s zombie excitement, we’re back to the more usual T13 fun, these are just 13 random things that popped into my head.
- I wish my chair at work was a different size. Actually it is probably the table and ‘puter that is the problem. Sorry chair. Not really ergonomically designed at all.
- It is raining again today. Has the summer gone insane? Doesn’t it know that today is the longest day of the year? How’m I supposed to be in the mood for my reading of A Midsummer Night’s Dream if it is nothing like summer?
- Since going to see Serenity on Saturday I’ve been back reading fanfic. Fan-wankage, is there anything better in the whole wide world?
- Does anyone think that getting annoyed at a customer’s genuine complaints is reason enough to sign them up to dating sites, complete with “rather interesting profile descriptions”?
- I don’t think I’ll go to football tonight. What with the rain and the rain and the wetness that results from the rain.
- Have I mentioned its raining?
- Yesterday I bought yet more dvds; Hollywoodland which I’ve never seen but heard good things about, despite the presence of The Affleck, Spaced which I’ve also never seen, but since Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead have wanted to see, and finally, Mirrormask which I have seen, and it is well cool.
- Buying those dvds resulted in the dude at the desk complimenting me on my taste. Apart from Hollywoodland, which he hadn’t seen either.
- This is strange because it is the second time this week that it has happened. Previously it was for my purchases of Joss Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men
- Then again, I do have exceptional taste, so I suppose what is actually surprising is that it doesn’t happen more often.
- I’m considering watching on d’internet for more episodes of Rome. I shouldn’t really. Really. But temptation is occurring. But no, I’ll be strong. For one week at least. After all the next ep is on on Sunday, so I should be fine. I’m thinking the price of the dvds will go down soon. Season 1 has dropped to 45 on play, season two’ll probably stay up in the 60s for a while after its release but I got time.
- I also got plenty of dvds on my wishlist: Twin Peaks; The Wire season 2 & 3; Both seasons of Carnivale; BSG; and a whole lot more.
- I really should win the lotto this weekend. Provided I play. But I’m not sure, will I go for the Irish version and win a few million, or go for the big bucks and play the Euro version. Either way, I know I’ll win.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
- Too many Ideas
- The Urban Recluse
- (leave your link in comments, Iâ€™ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants