Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
|Almost forgot about this, for some reason I thought yesterday was Tuesday?! Anyways, this week’s list of thirteen is … totally random
- I’ve discovered why Battlestar Galactica is bugging me. It is all about its potential, because it has so much, it could be a really great show. But it isn’t. Yes it is a fairly decent one that I’ll watch every week, but it isn’t great. And I’d have to blame the writers. Almost every week they build up some big story, one that’ll have long lasting consequences. One that you can’t quite see how they’ll resolve it. And then? Then they’ll flinch. And solve the problem with a 5 second scene that leaves everyone happy again. Or at least as happy as they can be.
- BSG is also now associated with TB. On account of the BCG vaccination.
- This obviously is because of the whole TB thing at work, but you know the BSC scars that virtually every Irish person has? Are they missing on Americans? Because I’ve read online that the BCG isn’t used in the US, and other countries. And is it weird that I think that arms without the BCG dents are strange looking.
- I’ve just gone a splashed out on a Cuecat scanner thingy. Okay, splashed out maybe exaggerating when in fact it only cost â‚¬15, but still. Now I can scan away to my heart’s content.
- I think I’m going to call my new laptop Vera.
- Obviously it isn’t a gun. But, see, it is very shiny, so I was thinking Kaylee. But then Kaylee just isn’t right. So Vera. I like Vera.
- I really like the opening sentence to Cormac McCarthy’s Blood Meridian:
See the child. He is pale and thin, he wears a thin and ragged linen shirt. He stokes the scullery fire. Outside lie dark turned fields with rags of snow and darker woods beyond that harbor yet a few last wolves.
- I really must start using my camera more often. Haven’t taken any photos in ages Maybe I’ll head off on the bus, or the dart over the weekend and take photos of wherever I end up.
- This airborne cat set is one of my favourite flickr sets.
- Our cat isn’t quite so energetic
although he is more active when hunting bees.
- B #1’s dog was stung by a bee a while ago. They thought it was having some sort of allergic reaction because it lay down and wouldn’t move. But don’t worry, this is a happy tale she recovered and is now back to her old mad self.
- I think that de mutt gets jealous of de gasur. He was outside exploring our back garden last weekend and muttly was careful to always be there, just in case you might ignore him. And after de gasur picked up a tennis ball, well, that didn’t impressed dogfrey at all. He kept nosing it, letting de gasur know that de mutt wanted it, but when no response was forth coming he took matters into his own mouth and nicked it. Luckily we distracted the gasur with the slide and then the trampoline.
- Work has been surprisingly quiet today. Up til today it has been mad busy, what with exams starting next week, but for some reason all the students seem to be taking today off. Course I’ve probably just jinxed this and they’ll all be in in the next hour or so. With their constant demands for past papers and photocopy cards and paper and books for courses they can’t name with titles they don’t know.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
- Dewey Monster
- Cozy reader
- a metamorphoself of gabrielle
- Too many ideas
- (leave your link in comments, Iâ€™ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
- all hail de internet, source of all knowledge ↩
- the book is now open on whether or not I will ever actually use the scanner apart from the initial oohhh-look-how-cool-this-is use ↩
- you totally got the reference here right? ↩
- when I was in Galway ↩
- well, not really happy I suppose. But not a sad one. Definitely not a tragic one ↩