Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
|Thirteen Things about de mutt idea stolen from Ann
- De Mutt has the finest pedigree parents. One an award winning lab, the other a dalmation. He is a dabrador. He was one of a litter of 9 pups.
- At the grand old age of six, he is a lot calmer now than he used to be. Plus, all the indoor living has turned him soft.
- He still manages to terrify people when he barks and runs towards them hackles up. The second anyone pets him, however, he is liable to fall to the ground and roll to get his belly rubbed.
- He has jealousy issues regarding other animals. So whenever I have the cat he is quick to come over and sneakily rest his head on her. Thereby squashing her and encouraging her to move.
- He is fairly obedient. The brother came him a huge lump of chocolate cake last time I was home, idiot that the brother is, he didn’t realise that choc is not so good for mutts. So despite the fact that he had it half eaten I still told him to drop it. He did. Reluctantly.
- Food is his main priority. He’ll even lie and say that he hasn’t been fed when he knows he has. Anything to get more food.
- Because of this he has turned into a fat lump. But he looks fatter on account of him having the skinny back legs of a Dalmation but the rest of him looking like a chunky lab.
- Despite his jealousy issues, he doesn’t really mind the cat, apart from when she bits his lip. But this was more of a problem with a previous cat. Taz isn’t quite so vicious.
- Everyone always thinks their dog is intelligent, but mine really is, really. He listens out for people leaving the house, and only when he thinks he is alone will he try and gain entry to the kitchen. Carefully opening the door before making a beeline for the bin and any bits of food that may lurk within. He has also learned not to knock the bin over, and he rarely leaves evidence in the kitchen. He only rips the stuff to sheds once he has it in his lair under the stairs.
- He isn’t a fan of going in the car. He’ll get in, but very reluctantly, and will be more than happy to jump out. This might be because he was born in Leitrim, and had a long old car drive to come to our house. A car drive that he spent drooling over my sleeves, may I add. And after that he used to get car sick. But hasn’t in a long while.
- Like many dogs, he loves tennis balls, but not chase. Oh no, he prefers to destroy them. He’ll chase one for a while, but all he really wants to do is to rip it up. Sliothers are far preferred over tennis balls, but he rarely gets his teeth into them.
- He is also a fan of plastic bottles, especially empty bottles of coke. Mainly because they are really noisy and so people won’t ignore him when he throws them on the ground. But also because he has learned to take the tops off them and so manages to get a taste of the drink.
- Because of his destructive tendencies, he specialised in stealing clothes from the washing basket and putting many a hole in them -his was was especially not appreciated when he chewed up [tag]B#4[/tag]’s rugby pads as they cost a pretty penny- for a while he went by the name, destructo-dog, but he has mostly outgrown this. Apart from when you give him a wash. After that he’ll run around like a mad yoke destroying anything that might be used to dry him.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
- Jon Tillman
- (leave your link in comments, Iâ€™ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants