The Rules: I stick my mp3 player on random, and give you the first 25 lines of the first 25 songs I hear, and you tell me what song/artist it is in the comments section. No artist repeated, and song that is too easy ie its first line is the title is to be skipped. Oh yeah, and the lyris will be what I hear, so possibly not totally correct, although if I’m totally flummoxed I may doublecheck elsewhere.
Let the games begin:
- Sister can you hear me now the ringing in your ears
- It’s so relieving to know that you’re leaving as soon as you get paid Gordon has the artist right, Nirvana. And FM has gotten the track Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle
- There are many things to talk about, be construtive NineMoons got this, Radiohead – Dollars & Cents
- Sing, Michael, sing-on the route of the 19 Bus hear them sayin’ How you get a rude and a reckless? NM got half of this with The Clash, but it isn’t London Calling. As Alan pointed out, it is in fact Rudie Can’t Fail
- If I were to die murdered in cold blood tomorrow would you feel sorrow or show love or would it matter
- Saying I love you, is not the way Alan and Anne combined to get this one. Extreme – More Than Words
- Eerie whispers trapped beneath my pillow won’t let me sleep Gordon got this one, Muse – Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
- Childhood living is easy to do, the things you never wanted I brought them to you Another right for NM, The Sundays Wild Horses
- Outside the storm clouds gathering, move silently along the dusty boulevard And Forgotten Machine has joined in with this one. Dead Can Dance – The Carnival is Over
- I’m gonna fight them all NM gets The White Stripes’ Seven Nation Army
- Hey girl, I’ve seen you looking at me, am I the one that you want?
- Sucker love is heaven sent you pucker up, our passion’s spent Alan was first to guess with this. Placebo – Every You Every Me
- I ain’t happy, I’m feeling glad I got sunshine in a bag Anne got this right Gorillaz – Clint Eastwood
- Light me a smoke, I’ll tell you a story
- I keep a close watch on this heart of mine Geekmafia got this one. Johnny Cash –Walk the line and please note, this was actually the Johnny Cash version not the Joaquin Phoenix one, though I have that too.
- Yeah, keep your eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel Second correct for Alan. The Doors – Roadhouse Blues
- This heartbreak’s never ending it’s like it never happened
- you’re an american girl red headed eyes blank
- Come to me, come lie beside me and don’t deny me your love I’m being generous and giving this to Spencer :) U2 – In the name of the Father
- The ponies run, the girls are young, the odds are there to beat
- Non so cosa sia la fedeltÃ , a ragione del mio canto che resistere non puÃ² ad un cosi dolce pianto che mutÃ² l’amore mio I’ll give this one to NM, she got the artist right, and that’s close enough. Andrea Bocelli – Il Mare Calmo Della Sera
- Well, I took a stroll on the old long walk of a day, I met a little girl and we stopped to talk on a fine soft day This is one of my favourite songs, so I’m glad that someone got it. And that someone was Auds. It is Steve Earle and Sharon Shannon with Galway Girl
- I’ve been loving you a long time, down all the years down all the days After a little help NM got this one. the Pogues – Rainy Night in Soho
- Estaba pensando sobreviviendo con mi sister en New Jersey Third correct for Alan Pixies – VamosI love this song.
- This is the greatest and best song in the world that makes two right for Spencer. Tenacious D – Tribute
Bloody hell, if there is one thing this has taught it me, its this. Use the fucking save option!