In yet another example of synchronicity myself and NM caught Dylan Moran’s stand-up show on the telly last night. It was his Monster show, which is from two years ago, so certain aspects were a little dated but he is hilarious. Especially the section about the children and how they are like midget drunks. Yeah that doesn’t sound funny, but believe me, it was.
Also, I finally got around to seeing The Village which was very good. Much better than the crap Signs, although it did suffer from the same over-use of music to make you think this is scary. I’m looking forward to his new Woman in the Water despite its trailer which makes it look incredibly boring.
Also, I stumbled across yet another meme-thing, again, stolen from The Grin Without a Cat and it says:
Go to Wikipedia and look up your birth day (excluding the year).
List three neat facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the year
So, 17th of Feb:
- Three neat facts:
- 1933 – its the end of prohibition in the States. Drink, get drunk. Its legal now.
- 1958 – Saint Clare of Assisi is declared the patron saint of television. hee
- 1996 – People are still smarter than computers as Kasparov defeats his supercomputer chess opponent Deep Blue
- Two Births:
- 1969 – Tuesday Night. No I’ve never heard of her, but I like the name.
- 1982 – Paris Hilton. With such sad results
- One Death
- 1600 – Giordano Bruno, burned at the stake for heresy.