Land of Heart’s Desire

Oh internet, you are so wise, and so varied.
Webland holds so many treasures and wonders.
And thanks to Damien we’ve found this fantastic collection of clips all about Sligo, bet Sligo Tourism are happy.

Post Author: Fence

11 thoughts on “Land of Heart’s Desire

Carl V.

(2 March 2006 - 7:47 pm)

I can't get the videos to play..will try again later. Lovely area from what I can see though.

anne

(2 March 2006 - 7:54 pm)

I've watched three, that's enough, right?
    (The place looks lovely, though.)

NineMoons

(2 March 2006 - 9:44 pm)

Oh. Dear. God. My eyes, they burn! What the FUCK?!?

Fence

(3 March 2006 - 12:17 am)

Carl, Anne, please do not take these clips seriously. Although maybe there were meant that way. Who can tell.

NM, I believe that is the correct response. Damien (I had the urge to type Damo, but resisted) says there is a chance they will turn up on Podge & Rodge.

Carl V.

(3 March 2006 - 3:40 am)

Oh I wasn't…but even in the stills I saw some cool scenery in the background, past that honey. ;)

I think the Irish countryside, at least what one sees in movies, is amazingly beautiful and I didn't really figure you to be promoting this through the tour guide in the videos….it did give me a good giggle this morning.

Carl V.

(3 March 2006 - 3:43 am)

Just watched some of the videos…

Nuff said.

Fence

(3 March 2006 - 9:49 am)

Hi, I'm Áine, and welcome to X, a beautiful part of Sligo *bats eyes* and toursim is all I'm into ;)

NineMoons

(3 March 2006 - 11:16 am)

And the skort on her! Blowin in the wind! Tis a far cry from Sally O'Brien and the way she might look at you.

Fence

(3 March 2006 - 11:48 am)

And did you see the one of her at Lissadell.

Jaysis lads, ye can't be doin dat. Shure she'll freeze ta deat.

NineMoons

(3 March 2006 - 12:28 pm)

Ah, but hold on, Fence. It just occurred to me that as a servant of British imperialism, you (and your unborn children who will be selling out their country in the future) might not be in the best position to judge this fine example of Irish womanhood and the Irish countryside.

Jett Loe

(6 March 2006 - 12:15 pm)

hey there – I betcha the dissemination of Sligozone will actually increase tourism to Sligo! :-) And actually I love the unstudied naturalism of her presentation – far more compelling than some City Council 'Come to Sligo' tourist package…

Comments are closed.