So last night saw the last episode of this season of Life On Mars. Now what am supposed to watch on Mondays? I know, there is Lost, but it’s booooooooring. I want my retro 70’s cop/time travel/maybe just in a coma tv show back.
Anyways, to mark its final episode I’ve decided to list a collection of Huntisms. Yes, the Gene genie certainly had some great lines, but I know there are some I’ve forgotten/didn’t find to steal from other places, so if you can think of any more, let me know in the comments section
- [to a group of armed men in a deserted cotton mill at night]
Drop your weapons! You are surrounded by armed bastards!
- [to some children playing on the street]
Anything happens to this motor, I’ll come round to yer houses and stamp on all yer toys got it? …Good kids.
- We’re here to talk about ‘ow yer brother copped it
- Gene: I’m not a Catholic meself, Warren, but isn’t there something about ‘Thou shalt not suck off rent-boys’?
Warren: ‘HOW DARE YOU COME IN HERE!’
Gene (Indicating rent-boy): ‘You could have said that to him!’
- [Sam asks what year it is. Gene slams him against some filing cabinets]
It’s 1973, almost dinnertime. I’m having ‘oops!
- Is there anything more revolting than a dishonest ‘ippy?
- Sam: I think i’ve got something
Gene: Number for the special clinic’s on the wall
- There will never be a woman Prime Minister so long as I have a hole in my arse
- Sam: I’m the negotiator.
Gene: I’ll make you a hat!
- [Gene spikes some fella’s pint]
Sam: I’m not sure that’s ethical.
Gene: It’s not, it’s vodka.
- Sam: If it was to do with football he’d have serious injuries!
Gene: He’s dead. That’s quite serious.
- Bloody hell I’ve seen road accidents look more cheerful than you.
- [after driving his car in hot pursuit across a football pitch]
Oi Ref Are you blind? Next time move or I’ll run you over!