I’ve been tagged by weenie;
Four Jobs You’ve Had In Your Life
- Started off my working life as a baby-sitter.
- Worked in Abrakebabra the year I left school.
- After college I worked for just under a year as a receptionist
- I’m currently a librarian.
- Four Movies You Could Watch Over And Over
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Any of the Lord of the Rings films
- Brotherhood of the Wolf
Four Places You’ve Lived
- Clondalkin, Dublin
- Breeogue, Sligo
- Greenfields, Galway
- Mountjoy Square, Dublin
- Four TV Shows You Love To Watch
- The Sopranos
- Veronica Mars
- Can’t think of a fourth that is currently airing, so I’ll go with Firefly.
- Four Places You’ve Been On Holiday/Vacation
- Every summer, when we lived in Dublin the family would go camping in Enniscrone, Sligo
- I’d also spend a few weeks with my cousin in Tipperary
- With school I went to Greece
- With NM I visited Italy.
Four Blogs You Visit Daily (I try to visit everyone on my blogroll, so this is just a random list)
- A High and Hidden Place
- Random Burblings
- Stainless Steel Droppings
- Tripping Towards Lucidity
- Four Of Your Favorite Foods ( I’m not a big food fanatic)
- Roast Chicken dinner, with all the trimmings; boiled & roast potatos, carrots, gravy etc.
- A properly made pizza
- A freezing bar of Dairymilk, dunked in a lovely cuppa tea
Four Places You’d Rather Be
I’ve nowhere I’d rather be
- Four Albums You Can’t Live Without
- Martha Wainwright – Martha Wainwright
- Since Kyabram – Declan O’Rourke
- Even Better Than The Real Thing. Vol I – Various Cover versions
- Wake – Dead Can Dance
– I could live without albums, once I had a few key songs, but at the moment my fav albums are:
- Four Vehicles You’ve Owned
I’ve never owned a vehicle in my life.
Four People To Be Tagged
- And… you
"Four Places Youâ€™d Rather Be
Iâ€™ve nowhere Iâ€™d rather be"
That is a phenomenal answer. Lucky, lucky you. :)
Is that since you found Serenity, Fence?
Not phenomenal Anne. Places are just places. Nothing about where you are will really change anything, unless you really hate a place. Or love somewhere.
NM didn't even think of that line.
DCD's Wake? Nice!!!!!
I'm trying to pretend that visiting your blog counts as a trip to Ireland, but I'm a little discouraged, as apparently visiting Ireland still entails sitting on my unmade bed, surrounded by books and wrinkled articles of clothing. Sigh. It's not working.
Fence, you're emphatically not an idiot. Obsessive in the extreme (see: Firefly) but not idiotic about it. I like that you're a librarian, too. Have you read any Jane Smiley? I'm currently sludging through Moo.
Nice comment on the places – it's pretty dreary here, hence my wish to be somewhere warmer and brighter! I could have included Dublin as somewhere I've been on holiday but I was only there for 2 days.
Kelly, welcome to Ireland ;) I have read Jane Smiley, not Moo, but I really enjoyed her take on King Lear, think it was called A Thousand Acres, and I loved her Horse-racing book, can't remember the title.
2 days counts weenie, but it is drab here too at the moment.
This is going to be a strange question (and a shot in the dark) but, please don't say it was number 1, Mountjoy Square West. That would be very spooky.
Okay I won't. Because it wasn't. Number 35 I think.
Yeah it was. Ah, our strange tiny flat with it's lovely view and its lack of toilet lock. I LOVED living with you. You so rarely left the toilet seat up. Unlike certain Beloveds I could mention.
1. Four jobs I've had in my life:
worked on a melon farm (teenager)
worked as cook at Golden Corral restaurant
bookseller at Waldenbooks
Social worker: current job
2. Four movies I watch over and over:
Sense and Sensibility
there are many!!!
3. Four places I've lived:
Nuremburg, Germany (born there)
Kansas City, Missouri
4. Four TV shows I love to watch
Law and Order: Criminal Intent (D'Onofrio)
Without a Trace
5. Four places I've been on vacation
New York, New York
6. Four blogs I read daily:
This one, of course
Fond of Snape
Lisa Snellings (Slaughterhouse Studios)
7. Four favorite foods:
8. Four places I'd rather be
in my private library (a dream)
at home (I'm at work now)
at the bank depositing a million dollar check
9. Four albums I can't live without:
Classics: Sarah Brightman
Eden: Sarah Brightman
The Collection: Enya
Little Earthquakes: Tori Amos
10. Four vehicles I've owned:
Ford Ranger XLT
Carl, were you perchance an army brat?
My dad was in the army, yes, hence my place of birth. He finished when I was a few months old and we came home to America. I lived in Nebraska until I graduated high school, moved to Tulsa, OK for college, and to Kansas City for my wife's work.
Ha, I read that as Tulsa, OK for college – as in it was OK for college. 'Stead of Oklahoma. Tee.