Uncategorised

“A —-ing wizard. I HATE —-ing wizards!” “You shouldn’t —- them, then”‘ muttered one of his henchmen, effortlessly pronouncing a row of dashes.

I’ve been memed![1] by a certain rat[2] The rules?

“The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You are tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.”
(ignore the source link)

Weird habits, hmmmmm.

1. I like to eat lettuce, on its own. Maybe a bit of salt. I think I picked up this habit while working in BurgerKing. It wasn’t exactly the most efficiently run fast food shop in the world and we’d often spend ages in the kitchen waiting for customers and picking on the food. Other people’d eat tomatoes and chicken nuggets, and those little diddy[3] ice-creams, but I started eating the iceberg lettuce. Has to be iceberg, leafy stuff just isn’t good enough.
  2. My own room is a pigsty, but I like the rest of the apt to be nice and clean. So while you may have to battle your way over clothes and, at the moment, presents in my room, everywhere else is pretty much okay. Note, by okay I do not mean ultra-clean and Monica-like[4] , I’m not that weird.
  3. I reread books all the time. There are certain books I’ve finished and instantly turned to the fisrt page and started all over again. When I was a teenager I must have reread The Centre Line a million times[5] And The Lord of the Rings, and The Catch Colt, and when i was younger Black Beauty was my rereading book of choice. I don’t really do it so much anymore, too many new books, not enough time.
  4. I went to see Serenity at least 9 times when it was in the cinema.
    I’m also probably one of the few people who saw the terrible Man in the Iron Mask three times in the cinema. But that wasn’t because I really enjoyed the film, just because I went with different people and I don’t mind rewatching films.
  5. I’ll often answer my mobile with an accent[6] Mostly it’ll be a Dublin-esque “Story bud” but there are others I use too. “Any sca” in a Sligo accent, “A’right” in both English and American accents. I also sometimes text as gaeilge for no reason.

Damn, forgot to mention the fact that I have a habit of spelling words incorrectly, because one hand types faster than the other and I rarely reread what I’ve just typed, so weird becomes wierd, or is it the other way around ;)

So now I gotta tag five people….

And NineMoons you can do it too

Linknotes:

1. I think that sounds better than tagged don’t you?
  2. a stainless steel one no less
  3. yes, I’ve heard all the jokes thanks
  4. Monica Geller
  5. exaggeration isn’t weird is it?
  6. but only if I know who’s calling, hate that number withheld shite

You may also like...

14 Responses

1. NineMoons says:

I was all pissed-off cos I thought you'd neglected me. Then I scrolled. So I forgive you. Give me your hands…

2. Fence says:

You leave my hands alone. No doubt you know when a pigeon dies on Grafton street

3. NineMoons says:

Right…… now!

I am so misunderstood.

4. Carl V. says:

Nice job. Ice berg lettuce with salt, eh? That is indeed a weird one. Serenity 9 times in the theatre? I would just call that lucky, not weird! :)

5. Heather says:

mmm… I knew you were a bit odd…but wow ;)

I'm gonna have to think on this one a bit.

6. SciFiChick says:

i always answer my cell, "Hola!"… and i'm not remotely hispanic.

7. Fence says:

You should try it Carl, crunchy and salty :) But only a very small amount of salt, a teeny tiny sprinkling. Andyes, lucky and weird at the same time.

Think away Heather, we'll wait.

Hola chica is one I use too scifichick

8. NineMoons says:

I always answer the phone to my parental units Hola Mama or hola papa.
    Otherwise it's hey hey! Or ahoy-hoy. Anything other than hello.

9. Hmm. I'll have to have a think about this since I have so many weird habits. ;)

10. sally says:

I name my replacement body parts…weird?

11. anne says:

Ah the phone thing. I do love that so.

12. Fence says:

Isn't it strange how the habit of saying "bye-bye-bye-bye-bye" has spread with mobiles?

UI no thinking allowed, gut reactions is what we're looking for :)

Sally, from a certain perspective, everything is weird.

13. jenn see says:

suddenly newly enamored with you after stopping by & getting smacked w/ capt. reynolds & terry pratchett in one go.

whee!

1. 18 December 2005

[…] Fabulous Fence has memed me to share 5 of my many weird habits with the web. I’m a bit late in getting round to this but better late than never. The rules are as follows: The first player of this game starts with the topic “five weird habits of yourself,” and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You are tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours. […]