1. Take the first five novels from your bookshelf.
2. Book 1 — first sentence.
3. Book 2 — last sentence on page 50.
4. Book 3 — second sentence on page 100.
5. Book 4 — next to the last sentence on page 150.
6. Book 5 — final sentence of the book.
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph.
8. Feel free to “cheat” to make it a better paragraph.
9. Name your sources.
10.Post to your blog.
Newark was left behind and the post-chaise-and-four entered on a stretch of flat country which offered little to attract the eye, or occasion remark. It just didn’t seem right to me. We resumed our journey, gentlemen, but the road, instead of improving, became even viler. Men don’t exist. They won’t. I am content.
My sources are; Regency Buck by Georgette Heyer, The Outsiders by SE Hinton, A Masked Ball and other stories by Alexandre Dumas, where we once belonged by Sia Figiel, and Fool’s Fate by Robin Hobb. And I cheated by having two sentences from one book, simply because they were so short and made no sense alone.
- Nice person::
- Settle down::
- A year from now::
So, I say
- Nice person::Simon
- Debt::of honour
- Settle down::married with kids
- Thomas:: doubt
- Medicine::Simon, again
- A year from now:: is worth fighting for?
- Neighbors::where is the u?