Filed Under: Randomess

Can’t miss a place you’ve never been

Good news, or bad news. Which do you want first?
I always like to hear the bad news first, because the good seems better, so thats the way I’m going to write this post :)

Bad: I didn’t get the job. Library Man rang this morning to say thanks for coming by but we’ve chosen someone else.

Good: Library Man was very nice, said I was next in line. There was 25 interviews, or something like that and then three in contention, I was number two. Plus he wanted to know if he could keep my cv & number on file and contact me directly if anything else came up.
Course that could all be bullshit, but it sounds nice :)

Just gotta wait for the public jobs people to get back in touch with me so I can apply for that DPP job now.

• 26 August 2005 - 2:38 pm | Permalink

Sorry to hear that but I'm hoping that he was speaking truthfully and that something cool comes up in the future.

• Fence
    26 August 2005 - 3:36 pm | Permalink

I didn't think I was going to get it, so it isn't that bit a disapointment. And yes, hopefully he was being truthful

• 26 August 2005 - 3:44 pm | Permalink

Awww…better luck next time!

• 26 August 2005 - 6:27 pm | Permalink

Sorry baby. Find out who the other person is and I'll have them taken care of. In an Al Pacino way…
    See you tonight – will try not to be too late.

• 26 August 2005 - 8:35 pm | Permalink

Rat poop. Sorry you didn't get it, but hope he wasn't kidding about keeping your CV. At least you got an interview! I never get those.

• 26 August 2005 - 10:53 pm | Permalink

oooh me thinking of being a library type person! but the whole getting experience before being able to do the masters things is proving difficult – any advice?

• Fence
    27 August 2005 - 12:45 am | Permalink

Thanks all.

And Mish your best bet is to try and get a job a library assistant somewhere, or look out for a trainee gradute-ship. That is where I got my year's experience before I headed off to UCD, plus it means you are automatically in and don't have to worry about another interview. There are a couple of places that have them, the National Library of Ireland, the IMI.

Just keep checking the papers, and get friends to check to, just in case you miss anything

• 27 August 2005 - 4:14 pm | Permalink

muchos thanks for that.. i shall keep my eyes open :)

• Fence
    27 August 2005 - 4:34 pm | Permalink

Just be prepared for a really, really, really boring year when you do get on the course. I was fine up until Xmas, but from then on the year just dragged. This despite the fact that I didn't manage to make it into the library once after Xmas.

• 29 August 2005 - 10:50 am | Permalink

Ay second the sympathy. Mebbe there's a better job waiting for you?

Though I envy you people. Round here libraries are kinda scarce unless you go to the schools. Unfortunately, you can only get in if you have an ID card. *sigh*

• 29 August 2005 - 11:13 am | Permalink

Oh pooh.
    But yay for second! It's impressive considering your self-confessed young experience, right?

• Fence
    29 August 2005 - 12:52 pm | Permalink

Yup.

Course now I have to use my mental powers and persuade the person who got the job to decide not to take it. Then I shall get a phone call :)

• Comments are closed.