you bring me so many ways to waste time :)
Presenting the 2004 Meme:
- What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
-Got a real “long-term” job; got a place of my very own.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, see I made a resolution a long time ago to never make another resolution. And I’ve kept it.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
Two cousins, but I haven’t seen them or the babies, so I guess we aren’t that close
- Did anyone close to you die?
- What countries did you visit?
Scotland. Oooh, add that to the first question. I’d never been there before this year
- What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Money, a nice place to live
- What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing really. Well nothing I can think of at the moment anyways.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing my HDipLIS. Actually the coursework wasn’t so hard, but it was very very boring.
- What was your biggest failure?
Huh! What Cheek. I never fail.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
Again with the negatory answer. I am a healthy person… apart from the diet and the fitness but lets not talk about that okay
- What was the best thing you bought?
My DVD of Firefly. Oh, and the LOTR:ROTK with the cool “keepsake” Minas Tirith
- Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine, obviously :)
- Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
Hmm, Sinn Fein, the IRA, George Bush, Tony Blair, Bertie Ahren, politicions in general. The soldiers in Abu-Gharib, the beheadings and kidnappings in Iraq.
- Where did most of your money go?
That’s what I’d like to know. Course I didn’t have any to begin with, so maybe thats the answer.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nowt, I am the epitome of calmness. Really. Honest!
- What song will always remind you of 2004?
You know, there isn’t really all that reason for me to remember 2004, so I don’t know. Prolly anything by Snow Patrol or Keane though.
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a) happier or sadder?
– On an even keel I’d say
- b) thinner or fatter?
-see previous answer
- c) richer or poorer?
-again, neither. But my financial future is more secure, Now that I actually have a full-time job again. Being a student and working only 12 hours in a week doesn’t really result in fiscal security. Thank god for mature students grants is all I can say :) Still, that’s all behind me now.
- a) happier or sadder?
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Guess I should say studying, but I did the bare minimum and got my qualification so that’s all that matters. To hell with those people desperate for a 1.1
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- How will you be spending New Year’s Eve 2004?
Well its been spent. Was at home with the parents and a few of the siblings watching Gay Byrne and pals count it in, then a quick switch over to the BBC where they showed the fireworks from Londaon. Purty they was.
- Did you fall in love in 2004?
- How many one-night stands?
None. *bats eyelids* and please don’t attempt to malign my reputation
- What was your favorite TV program?
Firefly, tis cool. GO watch. Wonderfalls was interesting too, but I only saw a couple of episodes.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Naw, no point in hating. I try to merely despise and mock individuals that are worthy of such emotion
- What was the best book you read?
I can’t pick one; The Fitz books by Robin Hobb and 1610:A Sundial In A Grave by Mary Gentle were stand outs though.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
I already mentioned Snow Patrol and Keane, apart from them I can’t think of anyone great that I encountered this year.
- What did you want and get?
My HDip, a job
- What did you want and not get?
*shrug* Didn’t really want anything, apart from to finish college, and that I did.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm, I’d say Return of the King, but I guess that was a 2003 film really. So Hellboy, The Incredibles, Capturing The Friedmans, and Dogville.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 25. Went for drink. Nothing mad though.
- What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
*shrug, again* Nothing.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
- What kept you sane?
Mwhaa ha ha, fooled you then did I?
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I dunno. Vin Diesel kinda faded, and while I like Johnny Depp I don’t think I LUV him. Jaoquin Phoenix, even if I can’t spell his name :)
- What political issue stirred you the most?
Yeah, political issues. Hmm, that is to say… I know I voted in some election but… I’ll get back to you
- Who did you miss?
Not a person, but group get togethers. As time goes on there seems to be less and less of them.
- Who was the best new person you met?
Geez, another toughie. One I can’t really answer as I tend not to rate people
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Go for what you want in life, but never forget that everything has consequences. Often unforseen
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Aw man! I gotta remember a whole lyric?! Cried when she should and she laughed when she could from Damien Rice’s song La Professor & La Fille Danse